Thursday, February 21, 2008

How hard can it be ......

.... to put the laundry away? Isn't most the work in sorting it, washing it, drying it, lugging it around the house? I must confess, it is one of my worst habits, and terribly annoying for my husband.

Okay, so, tell me I'm clever (either that or weird). We have a two-story home now with the laundry on the main level. The first month or so, I'd "hump" the laundry hampers up and down the stairs. Yes, I know .... good exercise ..... however, not good on bad backs, sciatic issues, or swollen ankles from too many slips and falls. Not to mention, the fact that I'm terribly clumsy. So ... back to the laundry ....

One day, my light bulb went on. I have a laundry chute!!!! An unconventional one ... but I have a laundry chute. So, bombs away, each load goes over the railing and onto my foyer floor, which is within feet of my laundry area. And in fact, this accomplishes two things, not only does it simplify the up and down the stairs issue, but it also makes me do it right away, because the thought of my family's dirty laundry in the foyer for all to see, is less than appealing.

Now, what to do about putting the clean laundry away ...... ;-)

0 comments: