Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thank You, and I Mean It!

... I really do! I don't just say it because my Mother taught me to know better ... I really do mean it!

"Gratitude, appreciation, or thankfulness is a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive." (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

See here's the thing ... it's a positive emotion! I really do enjoy giving thanks to someone as I go about my day. You may be the Librarian who just helped me locate that elusive book I was hoping to read, the Cashier who rang up and bagged my groceries, the Parent who offers their support, the Children who help care for the pets, or the Husband who works so hard each day that I am afforded the luxury to have a flexible work schedule ... YOU are one of many people I am grateful for in my life, and I appreciate it.

I am a huge believer in "paying it forward". It is more than "what comes around, goes around". Paying it forward is positive! Who could argue the need for postive moments in our world? Our world can be as small as the home we occupy, the town we live in, or this entire world we cohabitate in. And even if we "pay it forward" within our little world, it finds it's way to the next world, and it's reaches are far beyond what we will ever know, or hope to know.

Smile, say thank you, pay it forward ..... and mean it ... you will be amazed at the difference you will make.

0 comments: